Saturday, August 11, 2007

Jesus Testifies that He is Greater than Abraham, that He is GOD: «Before Abraham was made, I AM.»

John, Chapter 8, 51-59:
Amen, amen I say to you: If any man keep my word, he shall not see death for ever. The Jews therefore said:
Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest: If any man keep my word, he shall not taste death for ever. Art thou greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? and the prophets are dead. Whom dost thou make thyself?
Jesus answered:
If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father that glorifieth me, of whom you say that he is your God. And you have not known him, but I know him. And if I shall say that I know him not, I shall be like to you, a liar. But I do know him, and do keep his word.
Abraham your father rejoiced that he might see my day: he saw it, and was glad. The Jews therefore said to him:
Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
Jesus said to them:
Amen, amen I say to you, before Abraham was made, I am.
They took up stones therefore to cast at him. But Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple.



Amen, amen, ich sage euch: Wenn jemand an meinem Wort festhält, wird er auf ewig den Tod nicht schauen.
Da sagten die Juden zu ihm:
Jetzt wissen wir, dass du von einem Dämon besessen bist. Abraham und die Propheten sind gestorben, du aber sagst: Wenn jemand an meinem Wort festhält, wird er auf ewig den Tod nicht erleiden.
Bist du etwa größer als unser Vater Abraham? Er ist gestorben und die Propheten sind gestorben. Für wen gibst du dich aus?
Jesus antwortete:
Wenn ich mich selbst ehre, so gilt meine Ehre nichts. Mein Vater ist es, der mich ehrt, er, von dem ihr sagt: Er ist unser Gott. Doch ihr habt ihn nicht erkannt. Ich aber kenne ihn, und wenn ich sagen würde: Ich kenne ihn nicht, so wäre ich ein Lügner wie ihr. Aber ich kenne ihn und halte an seinem Wort fest. Euer Vater Abraham jubelte, weil er meinen Tag sehen sollte. Er sah ihn und freute sich.
Die Juden entgegneten: Du bist noch keine fünfzig Jahre alt und willst Abraham gesehen haben?
Jesus erwiderte ihnen:
Amen, amen, ich sage euch: Noch ehe Abraham wurde, bin ich.

Da hoben sie Steine auf, um sie auf ihn zu werfen. Jesus aber verbarg sich und verließ den Tempel.

Amen amen dico vobis si quis sermonem meum servaverit mortem non videbit in aeternum.
Dixerunt ergo Iudaei:
Nunc cognovimus quia daemonium habes. Abraham mortuus est et prophetae et tu dicis si quis sermonem meum servaverit non gustabit mortem in aeternum. Numquid tu maior es patre nostro Abraham qui mortuus est et prophetae mortui sunt, quem te ipsum facis?
Respondit Iesus:
Si ego glorifico me ipsum gloria mea nihil est, est Pater meus qui glorificat me quem vos dicitis quia Deus noster est et non cognovistis eum, ego autem novi eum et si dixero quia non scio eum ero similis vobis mendax sed scio eum et sermonem eius. Servo Abraham pater vester exultavit ut videret diem meum et vidit et gavisus est.
Dixerunt ergo Iudaei ad eum:
Quinquaginta annos nondum habes et Abraham vidisti?
Dixit eis Iesus:
Amen amen dico vobis antequam Abraham fieret ego sum.
Tulerunt ergo lapides ut iacerent in eum Iesus autem abscondit se et exivit de templo

No comments: